Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Favorite Christmas Songs

I have said that I love the holidays and I especially love music. The combination of Christmas and song is a fertile area with lots of variety. I have made a list of my favorite Christmas songs, but there are too many. Therefore, I have divided the list into sacred carols and secular songs of the season. The songs appear in no particular order.

My Favorite Sacred Carols-
  • Joy to the World
  • Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
  • Bring a Torch, Jeanette Isabella
  • Il est ne
  • Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus
  • Once in Royal David's City
  • O Come, All Ye Faithful
  • Labor of Love
  • Messiah (all, or any part)

My Favorite Secular Christmas Songs-
  • Christmastime is Here
  • I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
  • Run, Run Rudolph
  • Blue Christmas
  • Feliz Navidad
  • You're a Mean One, Mr Grinch
  • Happy Christmas (War is Over)
  • Same Old Lang Syne
  • White Christmas
  • Please Come Home for Christmas

No comments: