Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My 10 Favorite Movies of 2007

It's the end of the year (sort of), and time for me to reflect on what has been good and bad about it. Over the next several weeks I will be posting some of my favorites of the year. Each of my favorites of the year have several qualifications, though.
  • My favorites of 2007 do not necessarily have to be from 2007. It just means that I have to experience them for the first time in 2007.
  • My favorites do not mean that they are the best of the year. I am not a critic. I am a fan. Therefore, the entries that make my favorites list move me somehow.
  • To the best of my ability, I do not allow my favorites to be influenced by anyone else. Critical acclaim and popular status mean nothing to me if I do not enjoy the product.

In the coming weeks you will get to read my lists of favorite books and albums of 2007. For now, you get the 10 Favorite Movies of 2007 (in no particular order).

  1. Stranger Than Fiction.
  2. All the King's Men.
  3. Notes on a Scandal.
  4. The Departed.
  5. The Last King of Scotland.
  6. Marty.
  7. Blazing Saddles.
  8. Across the Universe.
  9. Babel.
  10. Infamous.

I have written on this blog about several of these films. If you are interested you can check those reviews.

No comments: