Saturday, December 22, 2007

Mary's Anxiety

It’s not fair!
Everything is wrong. I mean everything!
First, there is this pregnancy thing.
I’m worried about my baby.
I don’t understand what is happening to me.
This is a lot of trouble.
How do I know that was an angel
who told me about the baby?
How can I be sure this is the son of God?
Wouldn’t God have thought of a better way to do this?
Now there is this registration thing.
I don’t understand it at all.
Joseph says it’s another way to collect taxes.
I know they can’t get much more from us.
And the trip. O, the trip!?!
I am in no shape to travel, but everyone must go.
Will this hurt the baby?
Where will we stay when we get there?
What if the baby comes while we are away from home?
How will I care for him?
What will the baby wear?
How will I clean him?
How? How? Why?
It’s not fair!

No comments: