Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ministry Values

There are certain values that I hold in ministry. These are things that I intend to accomplish, but more importantly, these are the beliefs that under gird what I do and why I do it. And although this is a somewhat fluid list- things are added, items are changed, rankings vary- it serves as the foundation for my life and ministry.

I do not believe that this list is somehow inspired or necessary for all Christians, or Christian leaders. I think that God works in each believer to manifest himself in their lives in personal, unique and specific ways. So, this should not be a standard that anyone uses to measure their own life purposes or values, but rather, an encouragement to evaluate and develop their own.
  • Leadership Development- This is becoming more and more true in my life. Every thing I do and think is about recruiting, training and sending leaders.
  • Fellowship Evangelism- I believe that all Christians are called to do the work of evangelism. I further believe that the most effective way to do it in our current culture is through fun. Spending time with people, sharing your life with them and caring about them is the best way to make disciples.
  • Authentic Relationships- This is very much related to leadership development and fellowship evangelism. Relationships with all people must be real. It is not enough to know people for the sake of evangelism or leadership. You must know individuals and care about them individually.
  • Radical Creativity- Just because something has always worked does not mean that we should continue doing it. If a thing isn't broken it may not need to be fixed, but we might be able to make it work better. It is always open season for new ideas and new ways of doing things.

No comments: