Saturday, August 29, 2009

Christian Music

After a recent post about concerts I would like to see, I was asked about my Christian music preferences. What follows is my list of favorites. However, let me make a couple disclaimer/ explanations.

First of all, some of the best Christian music is made by secular artists. I believe that God made the music. Whether the artists, singers, composers or musicians are interested in spiritual things or not, God uses music to spread his message and reach out to people.

Secondly, there are many Christians who are not necessarily "Christian artists." For example, there is Johnny Cash, U2 and Sufjan Stevens. The music is not what you would expect to hear in church, but the heart of those making the music seeks to honor God.

Now, my list of favorite Christian artists (in no particular order):
  • Delirious
  • Hillsong
  • Phil Keaggy
  • David Crowder*Band
  • Planetshakers
  • 2nd Chapter of Acts
  • Leeland
  • Derek Webb
  • Lovesong
  • Keith Green

No comments: