Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolutions 2009

It's a new year and that means- for me, anyway- a new set of resolutions. Each year I work toward doing a better job at being a human. I try to improve myself in some way(s). I think that I am pretty honest about my efforts, though. I know that every year I make too many resolutions. I should work on keeping it simple and only resolve one thing. (That would be a great resolution for next year.) Because of this, it is almost always impossible for me to fulfill or achieve my resolutions.

I am moving closer to a reasonable plan. This year there are only five resolutions. If everything goes well I should be able to accomplish them. We will just have to see.

One other thing, it's still early in the year. This should be considered a first draft. I may change, add to, or delete some resolutions. Let the reader beware.
  • In 2009 I will read the New Living Translation of the Bible.
  • In 2009 I will lose 24 pounds and get in better shape. (I think this is my first- ever weight and health related resolution.)
  • In 2009 I will learn how to record and post podcasts, and start to do it.
  • In 2009 I will write my book on prayer (whether I can get it published or not).
  • In 2009 I will copy- by hand- Ruth, Titus and the Sermon of the Mount- from the Bible.

No comments: