Monday, January 5, 2009

Reading Plan 2009

Last year was a complete failure as far as my reading life is concerned. In an earlier post I discussed the limited amount of time I gave to reading in 2008. There were too many distractions, too many limitations, too much stuff, and I was too lazy. 2009 will be different.

I am setting some goals for reading in this year. As with all my goals, I know that these are too lofty. I will not accomplish all these, but I will get some of them done. This year will be a better reading year than last year. I am sure of that. I will make sure of that.

In 2009:
  • I will read one book on prayer each month of the year.
  • I will read one book from the classics each month of the year.
  • I will try to keep up to date with current literature and read some popular titles.
  • I will read the New Living Translation of the Bible.
  • I will read fewer magazines and newspapers and more books.
  • My goal is to read 50 books this year.

It's a tall order, but I think I can do it.

No comments: