Saturday, January 3, 2009

At Risk of Sounding Weird

I do not want to sound creepy, overly-mystical or too "spiritual," but sometimes I get amazed at how things happen. I do not believe in coincidences, so that must mean that God is at work. Consider the following events that have happened in the last few days.
  • While traveling with my family, we got to Memphis, Tennessee safely.
  • Through some unusual circumstances (not coincidences) we were able to see all of Graceland for only $13. That's right. All of us got to see all of Graceland for about 10% of the normal cost.
  • On one evening two of us were able to have dinner and go bowling for no cost.

Tonight is the topper though. We heard that there was bad weather coming in at home, and we were driving. We were a little nervous, but on the way. However, about half way into the trip our car started vibrating and we heard a loud pop. A little while longer there was another pop and more vibration. We had to call a tow truck. When we got new tires for our trip, the tire shop did not tighten the lug nuts on the front driver's side. We lost two lug pins and the other three nuts were loose.

By the time we got that accomplished, we had to stop in a hotel. The people at my churches were willing to cover for me for Sunday morning. I am very blessed to have people that I can not only count on, but who will not be upset about taking care of things. That in itself is a great feeling. Tomorrow morning we will get those pins replaced and be on our way home. Finally. And God will get the glory for keeping us safe.

No comments: