Thursday, December 18, 2008

My 10 Favorite Movies of 2008

Its time to do my year-end evaluations. I know that I may be the only one interested in these lists, but they do help me to think critically about the ways in which I spend my time. So, here is my list of my best movies of the year. But first, my disclaimers.

These movies are not necessarily the best ones of 2008. They are movies that have moved me, entertained me or made me think more than any other movies this year.

These movies were not necessarily released in 2008. They are all new to me, however. I watched them all for the first time in 2008.

I try very hard to not be influenced by what is popular. Consequently, I may be biased against the Hollywood blockbuster. But then again, maybe not.

So... here's the list:
  • Once
  • Waitress
  • Kill Bill, volume 1
  • Maria Full of Grace
  • Harlan County USA
  • Gone Baby Gone
  • Hard Candy
  • Dan in Real Life
  • Be Kind Rewind
  • In Bruges

No comments: