Monday, December 29, 2008

Favorite Books of 2009

As I continue reviewing and evaluating the year that was 2008, I offer these titles as some of the best books that I read in 2008. So let me begin with my disclaimers:
  1. These are not the best books of 2008. These books are the ones that entertained, informed, inspired or changed me the most.
  2. These books were not necessarily written or released in 2008. They were just read by me for the first time this year.
  3. There are not 10 books on my list this time around. I have some excuses for that. First of all, it was a bad year for the Miller family. There was a financial crisis, a couple of pretty serious health issues, a very busy schedule and a very silly Lenten fast. (I did not read anything but the Bible during Lent.)
  4. The list appears in no particular order. The first on the list is not necessarily my favorite.

Here are my favorite books of the year.

  • Candy Girl, by Diablo Cody
  • Red Letter Christians, by Tony Campolo
  • Jesus for President, by Shane Claiborne and Chris Haw
  • Born Standing Up, by Steve Martin
  • Robert Hardy's Seven Days, by Charles Sheldon
  • The Path of Celtic Prayer, by Calvin Miller
  • Sit, Walk, Stand, by Watchman Nee
  • The Annotated Godfather, by Jenny M Jones
  • Picasso at the Lapin Agile, by Steve Martin

No comments: