- The Bible is inspired by God. It was written, copied, translated, carried, distributed and read by humans, but God was behind the whole thing from the very beginning.
- The Bible is encouraging to readers. If you allow yourself to spend even the shortest amount of time with the Bible, you will find that you can be inspired, challenged and comforted by its words.
- The Bible is consistent with itself. It took hundreds of years for the Bible to be written. Dozens of authors were used in its composition, and yet the Bible is consistent from front to back in doctrine, history and theology as well as lifestyle guidelines and commands.
- The Bible speaks to all who will listen. Although God still speaks to individuals, he continues to use the Bible to get his message across. If you want to hear from God, read his word.
- The Bible is a significant historical document. To get a full view of ancient history, as well as a context for modern life, be sure to read the Bible.
- The Bible shows us how to live. Rules for conduct, worship, relationships, morality and more are all contained in the Bible. It is not only an historical document, it also is a guidebook.
- The Bible has changed our world and shaped our culture. Hospitals, universities, children’s homes, governments and more were all created in response to God’s word. The Bible has had more impact than any other book, ever.
- The Bible teaches us about God. To know what God thinks, who he is, what he wants, or where he is from, read the Bible.
- The Bible is the biggest selling book of all time. New translations and versions come out every year. And every year more Bibles are sold than any other book.
I could go on, but I think that you get the gist of it. Read the Bible! Do it now!