Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My 10 Favorite Albums of the Year

I am late. This list, this entry was due two weeks ago. But here it is now. It is better late than never, I hope.

It's the end of the year (sort of), and time for me to reflect on what has been good and bad about it. Over the next several weeks I will be posting some of my favorites of the year. Each of my favorites of the year have several qualifications, though.
  • My favorites of 2007 do not necessarily have to be from 2007. It just means that I have experienced them for the first time in 2007.
  • My favorites do not mean that they are the best of the year. I am not a critic. I am a fan. Therefore, the entries that make my favorites list move me somehow.
  • To the best of my ability, I do not allow my favorites to be influenced by anyone else. Critical acclaim and popular status mean nothing to me if I do not enjoy the product.

So, without further adieu, here are my 10 Favorite Albums of 2007 (in no particular order).

  • Franz Ferdinand, Franz Ferdinand
  • David Crowder Band, Remedy
  • Sufjan Stevens, Songs for Christmas (box set)
  • Frontline, The Combination
  • Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals, Burn to Shine
  • Percussion Discussion Africa, Omubala
  • Los Straightjackets, Rock en Espanol
  • Hillsong United, All of the Above
  • Bob Dylan, Modern Times
  • Leeland, Sound of Melodies

No comments: