It's the end of the year (sort of), and time for me to reflect on what has been good and bad about it. Over the next several weeks I will be posting some of my favorites of the year. Each of my favorites of the year have several qualifications, though.
- My favorites of 2007 do not necessarily have to be from 2007. It just means that I have experienced them for the first time in 2007.
- My favorites do not mean that they are the best of the year. I am not a critic. I am a fan. Therefore, the entries that make my favorites list move me somehow.
- To the best of my ability, I do not allow my favorites to be influenced by anyone else. Critical acclaim and popular status mean nothing to me if I do not enjoy the product.
So, without further adieu, here are my 10 Favorite Albums of 2007 (in no particular order).
- Franz Ferdinand, Franz Ferdinand
- David Crowder Band, Remedy
- Sufjan Stevens, Songs for Christmas (box set)
- Frontline, The Combination
- Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals, Burn to Shine
- Percussion Discussion Africa, Omubala
- Los Straightjackets, Rock en Espanol
- Hillsong United, All of the Above
- Bob Dylan, Modern Times
- Leeland, Sound of Melodies