Saturday, January 12, 2008

Books I Want to Read this Year

Each year I read about 50 books (sometimes more, sometimes less). I always have a shelf filled with books that I want to read. Right now I know that I cannot realistically read all the books that are on my shelf (not this year anyway). And besides that, who knows what titles, authors or subjects will catch my fancy in 2008?

But, it is good to start with something. So here are the books that I am planning to read this year.
  • Garrison Keillor. Lake Wobegon Days.
  • Tim LaHaye and Jerry B Jenkins. Glorious Appearing.
  • David Kinnaman. Unchristian.
  • GP Taylor. Shadowmancer.
  • Anne Lamott. Traveling Mercies.
  • Khaled Hosseini. The Kite Runner.
  • Charles Dickens. A Tale of Two Cities.
  • CS Lewis. Perelandra.
  • CS Lewis. That Hideous Strength.
  • Calvin Miller. Jesus Loves Me.
  • Leonard Sweet. A Cup of Coffee at the Soul Cafe.
  • AJ Jacobs. The Year of Living Biblically.
  • Shane Claiborne. The Irresistible Revolution.
  • Bill Hybels. Just Walk Across the Room.

No comments: