Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekly Prayer Thought

I recently came across some prayer pointers that I think are excellent. I would like to share them with you. I will keep my comments on each of these steps brief, but please be sure to study the Scripture references that are included.
  • Worship. Psalm 100.4. A life devoted to powerful worship will be a life of powerful prayer.
  • Be still. Psalm 46.10. Be quiet and focus on God.
  • Confess. 1 John 1.9. Without confessing our sins we can never know God's grace.
  • Submit to God. 1 Peter 5.6. Allow God to be in charge of every aspect of your life.
  • Be filled with faith. Hebrews 11.6. Start by believing and work toward knowing that God will work.
  • Do spiritual warfare. Ephesian 6.12. Know that there are forces that want to keep you from God.
  • Listen to the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 2.9-10. Always be attentive, in prayer and out, to what God is saying.
  • Ask God to help you pray. John 14.13-14.
  • Join with other pray-ers. Matthew 18.19-20. There is power when Christians pray together.
  • Don't give up! Matthew 7.7. Keep praying as if your life depended on it.
  • Praise God. 1 John 5.14-15. Honoring God is crucial to our prayers.
  • Act on God's revelation. John 2.5. Be obedient to God's word.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner. I am not worthy to approach you, but you ask me to nonetheless. Thank you for your love. Make me more like you so that I may live in your will now and always. Amen.

No comments: