Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Favorite Rock Songs

"I love Rock-n-Roll. Put another dime in the jukebox, baby."

That's just the way it is for me. Sure, there are other forms of music that I enjoy. In fact, i really, really like jazz, blues, folk, alt-country, modern worship... I could go on. But my heart belongs to rock and roll. Incidentally, every song I hear is compared to rock songs in general, and my list of favorites in particular.

I know that these are technically my favorite rock songs, but to me they are the greatest rock songs. (It's all subjective anyway, so let me have my greatest songs and I'll... tell you that mine are better than your greatest songs.)

So, without further delay, the greatest rock songs of all time:
  • Lola, by the Kinks
  • (I Can't Get no) Satisfaction, by the Rolling Stones
  • Black Magic Woman, by Santana
  • Take it to the Limit, by The Eagles
  • Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress, by the Hollies
  • Respect, by Aretha Franklin
  • Me and Bobby McGee, by Janis Joplin
  • Born to Run, by Bruce Springsteen
  • Peggy Sue, by Buddy Holly
  • Like a Rolling Stone, by Bob Dylan
  • Deacon Blues, by Steely Dan

1 comment:

Paula said...

Thanks for this one. It was fun. And I will let you have those. : )