Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekly Prayer Thought

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5.17

What a hard admonition this is. How is it possible to pray all the time? How can I work? Care for my family? Go to church? All of those things seem impossible if I have to pray all the time. I cannot be on my knees in my prayer closet 24-7. I have to fulfill my daily responsibilities.

Of course that goes without saying, but we should always be ready to pray. Christians should always be in an attitude of preparation. When an emergency comes along, we must be ready to go immediately to the Lord. You should never be in a situation where you have to get in an "attitude of prayer." Your attitude should always be one of prayer.

Lord, we are faulty creatures. We mess up a lot. One of our biggest problems is that we fail to pray all the time. Help us with that. Build in us consistency to be faithful and perseverance to not give up. Bring us always closer to you and your will for our lives. Amen.

No comments: