Friday, February 8, 2008

The New Revolution

I am getting to an age where the familiar is comfortable and comfortable is good. I like to wear my slippers and stay close to home. I prefer to reminisce rather than explore. I remember the old days fondly and wish that they would return. All the good music is at least 20 years old and my favorite television channel is TVLand. I am not naturally one who embraces innovation.

That needs to change. In fact, I know that the whole world is changing. Everything is different, all the time. The world I new when I woke up this morning will be completely different by the time I go to bed tonight. I will not recognize anything by tomorrow morning. And it will continue that way... forever.

Things are always "better than ever," "new and improved" with "added value" and "now with more cleaning power." So it is probably time that I joined this "New" revolution. Maybe you should too.
  • I am going to try new things. I will do things and go places that I never have before. It is time that I spread my wings and live a new life.
  • I am going to eat new foods. This will be the hardest for me. I am pretty finicky. I do not like most things (especially vegetables). But if I am to join the new, I will have to eat the new.
  • I will listen to (and try to enjoy) new music. As much as I like my classic rock, I am going to try some new things. New country makes me nervous and rap makes me nauseous, but in the spirit of the New Revoluion, I will give them a chance.
  • I am going to make some new friends. I am basically an introvert. I like keeping to myself. I have often joked that I have enough friends. That will change. After all, making friends, and new ones at that, is a part of my mission in life.
  • I am going to live life to its fullest and have new experiences. You only go around once, the old commercial said. I am going to experience as much "new" as I can.

No comments: