Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekly Prayer Thought

"Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things which you do not know." Jeremiah 33.3

What a promise! If I turn to God in prayer, if I submit to him today (and everyday) he will answer me. What a great bit of assurance for me. When I have doubts, he will answer me. When I am alone, he will answer me. When everyone is out to get me, he will answer me. God will answer me if I pray to him.

But that's not all. When I pray he will answer, but he also promises to show me things that I have never seen. I will know things that I do not know. God will reveal things to those who speak to him. When we share our needs and desires with God, he will share his desires with us. Prayer goes both ways.

Jesus, Savior of all the world, Lover of each of us, keep us this day. Speak to our hearts and encourage us as we commit ourselves to your work. As we revel in your promises, build our faith by showing us great and mighty things. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

No comments: