Monday, January 3, 2011

Favorite Books of 2010

I am aware that I may be the only one interested in these lists, but they do help me to think critically about the ways in which I spend my time. So, here is my list of my favorite books that I read this year. But first, my disclaimers.

These books are not necessarily the best ones of 2010. They are the books that I enjoyed, that entertained me, moved me, made me smile, or made me think more than any others this year.

These were not necessarily released in 2010. They are all new to me, however. I read them all for the first time in this year.

I try very hard to not be influenced by what is popular. Consequently, I may be biased against the Hollywood blockbuster or New York Times Bestseller. But then again, maybe not.

Additionally, they are in no particular order. It is hard enough for me to come up with my 10 favorites. Ranking them would be almost impossible.

One final note, I had a very bad reading year. I did not read enough books to come up with 10 favorites. Here is the best (favorite) of what I did read.
  • Mitch Albom, Have a Little Faith
  • Brian Houston, How to Flourish in Life
  • Andrew Vachss, False Allegations
  • Emma Donaghue, Room
  • Jane Elliott, The Little Prisoner
  • Ed Butchart, The Red Suit Diaries
  • Van Ryn and Cerak Families, Mistaken Identity

No comments: