These albums are not necessarily the best ones of 2010. They are the albums that I enjoyed, that entertained me, moved me, made me smile, or made me think more than any others this year.
These were not necessarily released in 2010. They are all new to me, however. I heard them all for the first time in this year.
I try very hard to not be influenced by what is popular. Consequently, I may be biased against the Hollywood blockbuster, Billboard Top 40 or New York Times Bestseller. But then again, maybe not.
Additionally, they are in no particular order. It is hard enough for me to come up with my 10 favorites. Ranking them would be almost impossible.
- Jamey Johnson- The Lonesome Guitar
- Emmylou Harris- Luxury Liner
- Matt and Jason- Wayfaring Stranger
- Flight of the Conchords- The Distant Future
- Johnny Cash- Ain't No Grave
- Hubert Laws- Family
- Dave Brubeck- Time In
- Randy Newman- Good Old Boys
- The Weepies- Say I Am You
- Dexter Gordon- Dexter Calling