Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Favorite Books of 2009

I'm continuing my year-end evaluations. I know that I may be the only one interested in these lists, but they do help me to think critically about the ways in which I spend my time. So, here is my list of my best books that I read this year. But first, my disclaimers.

These books are not necessarily the best ones of 2009. They are the books that I enjoyed, that entertained me, moved me, made me smile, or made me think more than any others this year.

These were not necessarily released in 2009. They are all new to me, however. I read them all for the first time in this year.

I try very hard to not be influenced by what is popular. Consequently, I may be biased against the Hollywood blockbuster or New York Times Bestseller. But then again, maybe not.

Additionally, they are in no particular order. It is hard enough for me to come up with my 10 favorites. Ranking them would be almost impossible.
  • Randy Pausch- The Last Lecture
  • Rob Bell and Dan Golden- Jesus Wants to Save Christians
  • Brian Houston- For This I Was Born
  • WP McKay and Ken Abraham- Billy
  • Jimmy Carter- Palestine: Peace not Apartheid
  • Peter Rollins- Orthodox Heretic
  • Stephen King- Duma Key
  • John Grisham- The Summons
  • Billy Crystal- 700 Sundays
  • Mother Teresa- Love

No comments: