But let us not forget to thank God as well. No matter how much you do for yourself, no matter how much you earn, save or receive, no matter how much you create or produce, it all comes from God. No matter how good your network is, God put it together. And at the very least, God made it possible for you to accomplish whatever you have accomplished.
And then there are those who are having a hard time thinking of anything for which they can be thankful. At the risk of seeming uncaring and trite, remember to be thankful anyway. Things can always be worse. One of the keys for people to get better is to recognize that there are people in worse circumstances. Even if it does not seem like it, you should thank God. Thank God in every circumstance, no matter how bleak. Allow him to see your gratitude. Let God know that you are open to his work and blessing in your life, so that he can bless you and work in your life.
We ought to learn to be thankful in every situation. This means that our gratitude should not be limited to one day, or even one season of the year. We should be thankful every day. Thanksgiving should be a mark of your life. Offer to God thanks on a regular basis.
As far as this holiday season is concerned, take advantage of this occasion for thanksgiving.
- Be sure to thank your family and friends for all they mean to you.
- Spend as much time with your family as possible and savor every moment that you have with them.
- Go out of your way to be with them.
- Be gracious and forgiving, if that is necessary.
- Stop holding grudges or relating to others with animosity ill- will.
- Be willing to compromise.
- Do not feel like you always have to get your way.
- Be generous- more generous than ever before.
- Love everyone with all your might.
- Spend time with God.
- Count your blessings and thank God for them.
- Recognize where your blessings come from.
- Practice simplicity.
- Be humble.
- Live in an attitude of thanksgiving.