Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Favorite Music 2011

It is time once again for my year end (or beginning) analysis of the pop culture trends that caught my attention. As usual, my lists are completely subjective. I am including on this list the albums that I enjoyed most in 2011. That means that several of these- most, in fact- were not recorded or released last year. However, I heard them for the first time in 2011. (There is one album that I heard several years ago, but this year's listening was like a revelation, a completely new thing.

Another thing, I do not have any notion that these are the best albums of the year. These are merely the ones that I enjoyed the most. They made me think, or they made me happy, sad or angry. In any case, I will be listening to all of these for many years to come. Finally, I put these in no particular order.
  • Joan Baez- Noel
  • 77 Sunset Strip- Soundtrack
  • Smith- Minus-Plus
  • Jim and Jesse- Berry Pickin' in the Country
  • Bruce Springsteen- 18 Tracks
  • Roots of Rock: 1945-1956 - Various Artists
  • The Dmitri Pokrovsky Ensemble- The Wild Field
  • Huey Lewis and the News- Soulsville
  • Mumford and Sons- Sigh No More
  • Etta James- Matriarch of the Blues

No comments: