So this year I am again offering my favorite books. These are not the best books of the year, but the ones that I enjoyed the most. That means that they made me think or feel in a new or exciting way. Most of these books were not written or released this year, but I read them for the very first time. Let me know what you think of my list. What would you add? What would you take off?
- "The Simple Faith of Mr Rogers" by Amy Hollingsworth
- "The Confession" by John Grisham
- "The Woman Who Wouldn't" by Gene Wilder
- "An Object of Beauty" by Steve Martin
- "Love Wins" by Rob Bell
- "Howl" by Allen Ginsberg
- "Sold" by Patricia McCormick
- "CS Lewis, My Godfather" by Laurence Harwood
One more thing:
I was given a Kindle for my birthday in March. I will write soon about what I see as the shortcomings to electronic reading, but for now suffice it to say that I love reading digitally. In fact, two of the books on my list of favorites were on my ereader. My reading habits are changing, and I don't foresee them ever changing back.