Monday, September 26, 2011

The Ultimate Hero

I have one hero that needs to be included. This hero is the one that has had the greatest, long term, consistent influence on my life, my behavior and my beliefs. My hero is my mother. She is the best, and this is why...
  1. She has shown me unconditional love at every point in my life. She does not get fatigued loving me. She has never "turned off her switch."
  2. She has modeled for me what it means to live a life of integrity. I have never had any reason to believe that my mom's actions were anything less than absolutely pure.
  3. Mom has taught to be to be a "bleeding heart." Because of her I am always interested in the needs, concerns and attitudes of others.
  4. Mom reproduced her deep faith in me. I am a Christian man today because my mother was a Christian woman before I was born. I followed her example and have never been sorry.
  5. She has been the best mother I could ask for. She gave me her attention when I needed and left me alone when I needed that. She gave me just enough rope at every turn. I am sure that she made mistakes, but I am hard-pressed to think of any.
  6. She was a great influence on my father. He was in love with her and willing to change to make her happy. Because of my mom, my dad settled down, became a man of faith, a good husband and a great father.
Anything that I have done in my life, everything that I have accomplished, all of the good in my life is because my mom was good in my life first.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Her children will rise up and called her blessed!
Very nice, Dewey!
Amanda