Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekly Prayer Thought

"You will seek me and find me, when you search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29.13

Today I want to challenge you to pray for yourself and your own needs. Often we find ourselves thinking only of the needs of others and neglecting to pray for our own concerns. This should not be so. You are a child of God. He wants the very best for you. Therefore, you should pray in at least the following ways.
  • Pray that you will live and be healthy enough to complete the dream that God has given you for your life. Remember that God's purpose is not something to be forgotten or dismissed. Pray for yourself that you will be able to do God's will.
  • Pray that you will be able to complete your season of worship. Worship has to do with our relationship with God. It is important that we are intentionally involved in developing that relationship. Spend time with God regularly. And pray that nothing would keep you from that priority.
  • Pray that you would be healthy enough, confident enough and that you would live long enough to share the grace of God with others. You have a story that no one else has. Your testimony will be effective where someone else's will not.

PRAYER: O God, be near me in times of distress. Encourage me when I am alone and lonely. Care for me when I am neglected and abused. Comfort me when no one seems to care. And always speak to me your word of truth and love. May I be empowered to do your will and work as long as I live. In the name of Christ I pray. Amen.

No comments: