Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Prayer of the Week

As for me, God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you. 1 Samuel 12.23
It is easy to give up on a prayer. We do not want to nag God. We do not want our constant praying to be a sign of a lack of faith. But this verse puts it in a different context. We should never stop praying for the needs that we are aware of. If the need does not go away, neither should our prayers for it.

You and I are called to pray and to fail in that calling would be a sin. I refuse to sin in that way this week. A life of holiness before God includes consistent, persistent, persevering prayer.

PRAYER: Praying every moment is daunting, Lord. I am intimidated by the thought of it. But you have called me to holiness, and I want to be holy. You have called me to faithfulness and I want to be faithful. Build me up so that I can pray regularly, selflessly, ceaselessly for the needs of others. Amen.

No comments: