Monday, March 12, 2007

Three Options

There are three options when bad things happen in life and ministry. Either you are extremely unlucky, going through a bad stretch that cannot be explained. Or, God is using roadblocks and discouragement to get you off a road that you should not be traveling. Or, you are traveling in the right direction, and Satan wants you to change course.
After one of the worst weeks in my memory, I am choosing to believe that Satan is attacking. I see too many signs of hope in my life, in my family, in my church and ministry. God is at work and I like it. There are too many things that God is leading me to do to give up on them just because of a little discouragement.
It was my brother-in-law who told me years ago, "If Satan doesn't attack, that means you're not doing anything." How true. If there are no struggles with temptation, discouragement or helplessness it probably means that you are not involved enough in changing the world to get Satan's attention. I should be rejoicing because of what Satan is doing to discourage me. He has noticed my efforts and is concerned about their results.

No comments: