And then it hit me. The cell phone is potentially the most powerful thing in the world. The iphone has taught us so much about what a phone can do. For that matter, my simple phone has an mp3 player, a calendar, camera, alarm clock and a lot of other things that I do not know about. A smart phone can surf the internet and communicate around the world in multiple ways. But I believe there is potential for a "genius phone." A genius phone is so good that it actually meets real human needs. It is practical.
Let me suggest some applications for the Genius Phone (all of which are probably realistic).
- Blood Pressure Monitor. Electronic blood pressure devices are getting smaller and smaller. Put it on my phone.
- Heart Rate Monitor. It will let you know how effective your cardio workout is.
- Glucometer. Measure your blood sugar in a convenient, pocket-size meter that is always with you.
- Pregnancy Test. Probably possible, but you probably don't want to talk to your sister after you have urinated on your phone.
- Pedometer. Since your phone is perhaps attached to your belt, use it to measure your steps, distance, speed and calories burned.
- Universal remote control. Use your phone to control you television, surround sound, stereo, dvd player and more. A convenient feature is that when you answer your phone the tv automatically mutes itself.
I know I live in a dream world, but what a dream it is.