Monday, July 7, 2008

Weekly Prayer Thought

Pray for us; for we are confident that we have a good conscience, in all things desiring to live honorably. Hebrews 13.18

I work really hard to do the right thing. I am always trying to be nice to people. I generally avoid sin and most of the temptations that many others are prone to. I do not drink, smoke or chew (and I don't date girls that do). I am not a gambler or a gossip. For the most part I have a clear conscience. I have a deep and sincere desire to live honorably.

And that is just what worries me. Just when I think that I am living above reproach, the enemy is poised for an attack. This just as true today as it as in the first century. We want to live a good, wholesome and holy life, but we are tempted to sin and we struggle. That is another reason we need to pray, and pray hard.

Do not assume that you will not fall into sin. Know that everyone has the same sin-nature. You and are liable to slip and sin. Pray that you can avoid all the evil in the world.

PRAYER: Oh God, our Father, lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Keep our eyes focused on you, that we may avoid the distractions and pitfalls on the road of life. Keep us always in your care and protection. For yours is the Kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

No comments: