People who participate in the arts are...
- 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement.
- 3 times more likely to be elected to class office within their school.
- 4 times more likely to participate in a math or science fair.
- 3 times more likely to win an award for school attendance.
- 4 times more likely to win an award for writing an essay or poem.
Young artists are likely to...
- Attend music, art and dance classes nearly three times more frequently than others.
- Participate in youth groups nearly four times more frequently.
- Perform community service more than four times as often.
Art does make a difference.