Friday, February 24, 2012

Lent Again!

Five years ago this week, February 21, 2007, I first posted to this blog. Actually it was Ash Wednesday when I first wrote here. And now, these years later, it is Lent once again. Time for reflection, introspection, repentance, changing my ways, renewing commitments and the like.

I am not the same person I was five years ago. A part of that change has to do with some of the reflections that I have posted here. I have grown and developed. Generally I think I am a better person today, but I am sure there are many ways that I am not. It would not be completely wrong to think of this period of time as one long Lenten period in which God has been molding me. For the most part I have willingly submitted to his work and am satisfied with the result.

The frequency with which I write has diminished greatly over these years. I have several possible explanations, or contributing factors.
  • I have found other outlets for my writing that have kept me from writing here. I have published a couple of Bible study books, a Vacation Bible School curriculum and written a novel.
  • I have moved to a different ministry setting that is occupying more of my time.
  • My family situation has changed several times and in significant ways. More of my attention is now required at home than it has been in the past.
But the significance of Lent is still present for me. In these 40 days, no matter how busy or distracted I am or may become, I will focus on my relationship with Jesus. He will be my priority.

No comments: